Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pick your presidentti


Muumi mamma Tarja Halonen´s time as president is up and today Finland goes to vote for a new president. Let´s see how that turns out. Although Sauli Niinistö proved to be the most popular candidate with potential 30 % of votes in the last survey, it seems as if many Finns don´t really know who to vote for. Thus it wouldn´t be a big surprise if the elections would go into a second round in February, the 5th I guess it was. I´m not allowed to vote anyway, so whatever... but if the worst nightmare comes true and Soini becomes president I´m outta here - that´s for damn sure.

4 comments:

Elena said...

At klo 22, it's looking pretty much impossible for Soini. Take that, Perussuomalaiset! :)

JottEff said...

Yeah, looks like I don´t have to buy my flight ticket.
Good so!

Anonymous said...

*

I really don't get the hatred and fear Soini seems to evoke in many people. Frankly, I hate and fear a lot more those people, who, for some reason, are so disgusted by him (or Perussuomalaiset in general), that they can't see straight. There's a world of difference between intellectual or personal disagreement and dogmatic, almost religious, denial and the way overboard knee-jerk reactions that come with it.

JottEff said...

I might not see straight but at least I´m not blind on the right eye.