Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grmph...



This, dear friends, is an angry post because something posted got me angry!
I´m just coming from the post office. Had a note in the mailbox that a parcel is waiting for me there. Turns out that my folks kept the Nikolaus tradition alive and sent a nice package containing some German chocolate and (since I´m a big boy now) a bottle of vodka. Some of you might wonder if sending vodka to Finland ain´t like bringing coals to Newcastle since a pretty popular prejudice has it that the Finns drink vodka all the time anyway. First of all that ain´t true, second and more important for me: alcohol is so damn expensive here that it is cheaper to have a bottle of decent liquor shipped from Germany than buying it in a local shop. Sad but true.

So I was happily coping with the christmas commotion at the post office, waiting for my turn, only to receive a wet mess in a transparent plastic bag. That poor old lady behind the counter tried to save the situation by saying: "Well, this is a pity but the packaging is inappropriate." She absolutely failed to save anything because the package even said Flasche. My folks are hypercareful with these things and chose a packaging especially designed for the safe shipping of bottles. Then they stuffed the whole thing with soft material TO AVOID what eventually happened. At home I still opened the box to see if I can rescue at least the chocolate. It was buried in the debris of broken glass from big pieces to microscopic particles. I figured I rather leave eating glass to trained professionals and don´t perforate my gullet. Four pieces of chocolate were in a plastic wrapping, so that´s the bottom line. Everything else went to the trash. Today I´m angry and there´s no one to blame. Grmph...

SONGS FOR TODAY:

Jay Reatard - Night of broken glass
Circle Jerks - World up my ass
Descendents - Everything sucks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

odotamme jatkoa, perkele!

Anonymous said...

ööö...laitas ny sit uuta tekstii. Toivoo vaimos työtoveri

Anonymous said...

so?? Nothing to tell us? Boring life? Too much snow and piparkakkuja? No vodka at all?