Tuesday, October 5, 2010

INITIUM

Fireworks over Helsinki
Thanks, that wouldn´t have been neccesary. So there we are in the present, im Hier und Jetzt, all dressed up but where to go? Well, I´m going to establish certain categories for some of my posts. A few recurrent general topics that reflect the point of view of a resident alien living in a wonderfully weird country. My posts will be anything but the ultimate truth, just the way I understand and/or experience the Finnish customs and the modus operandi of the people living in this country. My intention is not to insult or offend.

Comments are more than welcome, may they be corrections, contributions, consolation or congratulations. We live and learn.

Other than that I can tell you that the mighty Killing Joke are coming to town. They´re gonna play next week´s Monday at Nosturi and I can´t wait! A fascinating band that manages to reinvent itself with every new album without losing touch with its roots. I hope they bring the vinyl version of their latest album Absolute Dissent to the show. So far I was only able to get the fairly limited In Excelsis 10" EP which they released as a kind of teaser for the upcoming full-length. Anyway, this is gonna be a blast!!!

ON HEAVY ROTATION:

KILLING JOKE - In Excelsis
(2010)
KILLING JOKE - Killing Joke
(2003)















www.killingjoke.com

No comments: