Sunday, January 30, 2011

R.I.P.

Two years. Today. Too much. Too fast. Too soon.


These were his boots.
I treasure them and hope that I am able to fill them well.
What still needs to be proved in a metaphorical sense I achieved literary by using inlays. Now they are a bit noisy but comfortable and look cool, so they remind me of him a lot. They have become one of my most valued belongings. Shine on you crazy diamond, wherever you are now!


Rest in peace, I miss you.


(There can only be one)

SONG FOR THE DAY:


BOMBODROM in AK 47. Words and music by JottEff. A bit off-key but heartfelt!


GONE FOR THE LAST TIME

I didn´t shed a tear when my father died
No, I didn´t cry at all
And I felt numb on that winter´s day
Snow fell at his funeral

Four years old when I was told
He ain´t gonna stay
New wife and kids six hundred miles away

He´s gone for the last time

My way or the highway, boy
That´s how he lived his life
An irony of fate it is
That on a highway he has died

Found us late in a different state
With the will to carry on
Found me in charge again, his first born son

I sure miss him but as cruel as it may sound
I lost him so long ago that I got used to it somehow

He´s gone for the last time

I sure love him but one thing makes me sad
Blood is thicker than water but he was a buddy not a dad

He´s gone for the last time

No comments: