Thursday, September 29, 2011

Anni vs. ´ary



Tempus fugit! Today LIFE IN HEL celebrates it´s first anniversary and what a ride it was. An eventful and exciting year lies behind this blog now, almost matching the whole time that I´ve been living in Finland so far. It´s nice to see that besides friends and family also other people are interested in my little online diary. Even Timo Soini, a true fan, congratulated because he likes foreigners so much [sic].

Joking apart and to bore you with some stats, let me tell you that after the usual suspects Finland and Germany, USA and the UK are peeping in most often. This year´s award for most visited post goes to "Night of the living DEAD ELVIS" which is no miracle at all. Well, that entry has been in the limelight now ad nauseam and I promise to stop mentioning it. When it comes to leaving comments the major part of blogheads likes to avoid it like the plague. I once read a juicy comparison by a frustrated blogger, who stated that "writing a blog is like fucking a corpse - it can be fun at times but you are also very, very lonely." I don´t buy into that entirely yet have to say he had a point there. Maybe a change is about to come and soon I have to delete all your annoying comments, har har har...

So one year has gone by and all but let´s shortly interupt the ballwashing. Before we let the champagne corks pop and enjoy the cake, what happened between February and August? Nothing. A huge gap, a hiatus, some sort of hibernation that lasted almost half a year. Call me a pilkunnussija (which I really can be) but doesn´t that cut the blog´s lifetime in half?
What a bummer - not so hasty now with that champagne and half the cake back to the fridge, please. Next year we´ll have a real party, word.

On taking a stock I see that I really have learned quite a bit of this language that I called "close to being extraterrestrial" in the very first post. My investigations revealed though that it takes the average maahanmuuttaja between five to seven years to master Finnish properly. Oh boy...
Still I dig my LIFE IN HEL and feel that there´s so much more that I want to do, see, achieve and experience. Gonna try my best to make you a part of it through this blog.

As we´re moving on to the songs for today, I´m introducing something new here. It´s an attempt to avoid linking to another page by imbedding songs from YouTube instead. Now you can listen to the songs while reading my nonsense. If you give a flying fuck about the songs for today, it would be cool to know if you approve of the new system or not. Here goes...

SONGS FOR TODAY:

Slim Whitman - Happy Anniversary


The Kings Of Nuthin´ - Another Year


Leslie Gore - It´s my Party

4 comments:

Ardo said...

Hello there. Congrats for the wonderful year! Haven`t talked to you in a while. Nice to see atleast you`ve restarted bloging again :D Well good luck with the upcoming stories.

JottEff said...

Hey Ardo, pitkästä aika! Nice to hear from you, really has been a while. Hope we meet again soon...

Anonymous said...

I fear, I'm not better than anybody else in the sense that I like getting comments much more than writing them. But here's at least a little "I was here" comment.

El Morriso

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Yah hey