Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It´s happening...

...again!
We thought we were over with it,
but no - takatalvi! That means winter came back with temperatures below zero and lately also a lot of snow. Here in Helsinki it comes most of the time overnight and melts during the day, when all that stuff starts falling from the roofs kamikaze style. Look at that lovely picture. I took it yesterday from a store window and lucky me was peeping out instead of in. I didn´t see the lump of ice crashing into the car but I damn sure heard the impact. Must have been the owners fortunate day cause the ice didn´t only kill his rear window but he had also placed his car in a no-parking zone. I wonder what the insurance company is gonna say about that. Well, you can have a window replaced, it gets more difficult with your head.

SONG FOR TODAY:

Scream - Came Without Warning

1 comment:

Elena said...

Yup, saame thing here in LPR. Fortunately things seem to be warmed up at least for today.

I'm just glad there's a word for this phenomenon in Finnish. English needs one.