Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jump ´n´ Run


Spotted in my hood. This beauty is entirely made out of cloth straps and looks like there´s a bit of 16 bit action going on. Is it depicting a Nintendo game? I´m clueless and I´d like to know, so if you know, please let me know, you know? Any ideas?

ADDENDUM 24.11.11
Today an anonymous comment disclosed the secret.
Kiitos paljon, now I know: this unusual piece of urban art pays tribute to an arcade game, released in 1986 by Taito. Later it ported to home computers and game consoles. Speaking of dinosaurs, the idea is to navigate the dragons Bub and Bob through 99 (!) levels to finally rescue their girlfriends from monsters. Yeah! Name of the game:

And here´s a screenshot from the actual game, as it is linked in the comment section. Thanks again!

Bubble Bubble can be played with 1 or 2 players simultaneously.

3 comments:

Elena said...

It looks frustratingly familiar, but I can't put my finger on it! Maybe that's the point? :P

Anonymous said...

It's Bubble Bobble!

JottEff said...

Thank you very much, dear nameless visitor!
You put an end to my sleepless nights!