Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Back on track

Me and my work mates. I´m the guy in the center.
Great news! From tomorrow on I can continue my job training, or to be more precise: the preparation for my professional life. The technical term has changed from työharjoittelu to työelämävalmennus in my case and now I can work three months in the same company where I spent already six weeks in September/October. The place is really cool, so I´m happy to go back there. I knew it would be only a matter of time - the continuation was offered by both the company and the employment office - but it took the latter until last Friday to send the necessary documents okaying the whole thing.

In the meantime I was applying to many other companies in order to get a steady job and scored at least one job interview. It was held entirely in Finnish and went quite fine. Although I didn´t get the place in the end, I can say that it was a great experience and next time I won´t get the jitters so easily anymore. I am really happy to return to the working life, it feels like I have the foot in the door again and my quest over here continues. At the very least it helps a lot to shake off the emerging cabin fever. Wer rastet, der rostet!

SONG FOR TOMORROW:

Cock Sparrer - Working

3 comments:

Edo said...

that's great! I'm happy for u Jan. I wanted to txt u today right to ask how was going with the job seeking.

Today at the course we started to talk about the työharjoittelu and working life in Finland...it feels quite discouraging actually 'cause there r so many steps to follow that it would take several years to get something decent, that's why i'm so glad to read good news about ur situation.

Let's catch up some time soon, ok?

Take care
Edo

Elena said...

I get you on the cabin fever business, and I'm glad it'll be less of an issue for you now. Congratulations and good luck!

JottEff said...

Hey Edo & Elena,
thanks for your comments and congratulations.

I guess we are all in a similar (if not the same) situation and well-acquainted with cabin fever and the frustrating struggle of finding proper work in Finland.

Let´s hang in there cause I think we´re doing the right thing: me ollaan opimassa suomea, jumalauta!

Ja siitä se lähtee - pikkuhiljaa...