Saturday, December 31, 2011

Xmas 2011


Another christmas behind and what a short one it was this year. I´ve always tried to combine the holidays with some days off, unfortunately this time around it wasn´t possible. So it felt like a long weekend but who am I to complain? I´m happy that I got that työharjoittelu going right know and as a consequence I had to be back at work by Tuesday.

Christmas in Pori was great nonetheless, good food (much of it), a relaxed and celebrative atmosphere with my girlfriend´s family. Christmas Eve got so comfy that we accidently stayed up until 7am the next morning, chatting away, listening to Johnny Cash and Elvis. Maybe we had a drink or two. Suffice it to say, we used the few time that we had in the best possible way.

Many people here will remember Xmas 2011 because of the storm that came on the 25th and went wild over the South of Finland. Storm warning was given also for the 26th, the day we went home by car through exactly that region. The storm though had gone already when we went on our trip to Helsinki. On the radio we heard that 200.000 people where without electricity and all those fallen trees on our way where a tell-tale sign of how bad that storm had raged. We were relieved to find our flat where we had left it and we could switch on the light, too.

Anyway, the clock is ticking away the last hours of 2011, a year that I have spend sowing the seeds. Extensive language courses, job trainings, many sent applications and a job interview. Many rehearsals and demo recordings with my band. The band has a name now but I´m gonna tell you all next year. My hope for 2012 is that it´s gonna be a year in which I can start to finally harvest what I have sowed. Let´s see...

But for now: GUTEN RUTSCH!!!

No comments: