Friday, December 23, 2011

Ja, is denn heut scho Weihnachten?


Christmas came early this year. The present I gave myself arrived today:
The SMOKE BLOW LEGACY BOX! I pre-ordered almost two months ago and I tell you it was worth the wait. Five of their out-of-print records (one was never released on vinyl), single, back patch, silkscreen print, twenty page booklet and personal greeting card - all exclusive in a wooden box and limited to 600 pieces. Of course I had to have this gem from my absolute fave band from good old Germany! They just announced they ain´t gonna record no more but will continue to tour. As much as this bums me out I also respect their decision. They feel that they have nothing to give creatively under the SB moniker anymore but still want to play club gigs, plus their last record was killer and they want to leave this as a final statement. Chapeau! The list of bands goes on for miles and miles who should take this as an example.
Hope to see them on the road in 2012, their last "professional" tour.

I´m off to Pori now for christmas, so that´s that - I got a bus to catch.

Kaiser Franz - Ja, is denn...

No comments: