Thursday, December 1, 2011

Here we go again


Great beer from Hamburg with always great ads!
Countdown to christmas has begun - with all the hassle, all the fun. The supposedly nicest time of the year has finally arrived, although shops and stores where already selling advent calenders by the end of October. Let´s give it up for capitalism! When I look at my blog´s header and the first sentence of this post, it seems as if I am pretty much in the mood. Was I really just rhyming there? Eer, anyway...

Alea jacta est, I will spend this year´s christmas again in Finland and I´m looking forward to it. Of course I also would like to see my folks in Germany but living abroad means that it isn´t always feasible, all you ulkomaalaiset out there know that. Maybe it works out next year then. But for now, first things first: we all have a lot of christmas parties (Finnish: pikkujoulu = little christmas), decorating, gift shopping and too much food and drinks ahead of us. So let´s roll up them sleeves and get it over with!

Where will you be spending christmas? Home? Abroad? On an island in the sun?

2 comments:

Dani said...

Weihnachten machen wir ganz gemütlich! Das erste Mal zu dritt!
Weihnachtsbaum, gutes Essen, Geschenke, .... toll!

Schade, dass ihr nicht zu den Feiertagen im Lande seid. Aber nächstes Jahr sehen wir uns ja bestimmt bald!

Anonymous said...

Home? - Hm, do I call it home? Hm, borderline. For Christmas, though, clear no.
Abroad? - Yes.
In the sun? - Hopefully.
On an island? - Hm, well, we do call it the North Island.

El Morriso